Your Annual Meeting
Cooperatives like Coast Electric are led by consumers like you. Having fellow community members serve as co-op leaders means you have people who understand the needs of our community working on your behalf.
We hope to see you at our Annual Meeting and Member Appreciation Night on Thursday, Nov. 3. We will be offering prizes at the meeting but will not have booths or refreshments.
If you are not able to attend, you may register via proxy and will have the opportunity to watch the meeting via livestream on www.coastepa.com. All valid, registered proxies will be entered to win up to $1,000 in electricity credits.
If you plan on attending the meeting, registration begins at 5:00 p.m. and the business meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
At Coast Electric, we don't have shareholders, we have members. As a member, you get to vote on the men and women who represent you on Coast Electric's board of directors. That vote takes place every year at our Annual Meeting. Those who aren't able to attend the meeting can register via proxy online, by mail or in any of our offices. Registering allows you to participate, even if you aren't present at the meeting.
Registering your proxy allows you to assign someone who will be at the meeting to vote on your behalf. You can choose another member to vote for you or you can assign the board of directors to vote on your behalf.
Coast Electric serves Hancock, Harrison and Pearl River counties. There are three board positions in each county we serve. Each year, members vote for a board representative in one of these three positions.
For more information about our election process, please read our bylaws.
By attending or registering for our Annual Meeting, you are taking an active role in your cooperative. You have a vote and a voice in how your co-op does business. Attending or registering also gives you the opportunity to win electricity credits of up to $1,000!
Meeting Location: Robert J. Occhi Headquarters Building, 18020 Hwy. 603 in Kiln
Meeting Date: November 3
Meeting Time: Registration begins at 5:00 p.m. The business meeting will be called to order at 6:30 p.m.
1. Report on the existence of a quorum
2. Reading of the notice of the meeting and proof of the due publication or mailing thereof, or the waiver(s) of notice of the meeting
3. Reading, or the waiver thereof, of unapproved minutes of previous meetings of the members and the taking of necessary action thereon
4. Presentation and consideration of reports of officers, directors and committees
(a) Receive report of Committee on Nominations
(b) Secretary to present petitions filed and posted for nominations of
(c) Election of Directors for Position Two: Hancock, Harrison and
Pearl River counties
5. Unfinished business
6. New business
Meet Your Board Representatives
- Representative for Hancock County, Position 2
- Elected to board in 2003
- Retired Paint Trades Superintendent of Northrop Grumman
- Member of Union Baptist Church
- Representative for Harrison County, Position 2
- Elected to board in 2015
- State Farm Insurance Agent
- Member of Campground Baptist Church
- Representative for Pearl River County, Position 2
- Elected to board in 2005
- Former owner and manager of M&M Industrial Supplies
- Member of Serenity Baptist Church